|Delaney giving Jade, the therapy dog, the dog toy she made for her|
- Jade, a pet therapy dog, came and visited, and she was REALLY cute.
- Ronn gave us a wonderful dog about Pinellas County Animal Services and shared some great pix he'd taken of dogs like Gimpy and Snickers.
- I got to meet Heidi's baby sister for the first time and she looks just like her.
- Samantha came, and she is a brilliant reader! I'm very proud of her!
- There were some great puppet shows put on.
- Julian and Jaden and his sister visited and read most of the afternoon.
- We had the second meeting of our GB book group. The books were good -- and so were the cookies and the bracelets we made.
- Vera Rose came over after camp and read a lot AND crafted and did puzzles.
- The unbelievably talented Kathryn made me a two inch origami frog, and it can hop.
So you see, it was a great day at Gulf Beaches!
P.S. Some parents were asking me if the visiting deputy is going to give a "scary" talk. It's certainly not going to be CSI or even Nancy Drew (although we are going to make fingerprints for a craft). She'll talk about how to be safe in a crowd -- if you go to Disney, for example -- and also about how to notice and really observe the people around us -- which I guess is kind of Nancy Drewish but in a cool way.